When you’re running your own business, there never seems to be a good time to take a holiday. There’s always another customer to see, an urgent order to fulfill or a meeting you just can’t miss.
But taking a break can…
- boost creativity
- reduce stress
- improve happiness levels
- increase productivity
…so it’s even more important for small business owners to book that holiday and get away from it all for a few days.
If you’re having trouble deciding how to fit in a holiday…and worrying what will happen to the business whilst your away…we’ve put together a useful checklist to help you get your business ready for that all important break.
Small Business Holiday Checklist:
- Give your customers plenty of notice of the dates you will be away.
- Manage your time carefully, ensuring any outstanding work is completed before your holiday.
- Consider delegating or outsourcing essential jobs that can’t wait till you get back.
- Make sure your expenses, invoices and outstanding bills are up to date before you go.
- Update your email auto-response and answering machine message so your clients know when to expect a reply.
Whatever your plans, we hope you have a fun and profitable summer season.